Sunday 8 September 2013

My Must-Have Maternity Trousers


(This is me, Sam and my dog, Bonnie at a dog show ha ha - it's the only photo I have of me in these trousers!)

When I found out I was pregnant my aim was to buy as little maternity clothing as possible so that I wasn't wasting money on clothes I would only use for a few months. Buying tops, dresses and jumpers in a bigger size than normal has worked really well for me so far, and as I'm a fan of the baggy-look I know I'll still be able to get use out of most of them after I've birthed my bubba ha ha. The jumper I'm wearing in the photo above is from Asos and isn't maternity, just a size L ha ha, and it fits me and bump fine.

However buying maternity trousers and leggings seems unavoidable, so it's key to invest in some good 'uns!

I have two pairs of maternity jeans that I've mentioned in previous posts, both from Asos, which I would highly recommend, and owning maternity trousers that are versatile and can be worn with a variety of tops and jackets is very useful. However I'm a fan of mixing things up a bit, so my 'must have' maternity trousers are neither of those ha ha.

The ones in the photo above are amazing! They're not your average trousers, and if you've read my blog before you'll know how much of a fan I am of tartan and check. So it's no wonder these are up there for me.

They're from Topshop and cost £28, so not the cheapest. But they're so comfortable and a really nice material!


I plan on wearing these with a variety of knitted jumpers and baggy t-shirts, and they'll look great with boots, t-bar shoes, sandals or loafers. I paired them with these shoes from Asos when I wore them the other day, and I love how they look together. So they're easier to work with than you might think. And I just think they make me feel less frumpy and written off as a baby-carrying machine, and more young, fashionable and still worthy of good clothes ha ha!


My other favourite maternity trousers are these Wet Look leggings from New Look, although you can't tell they're Wet Look in this picture - sorry about that!

Again I've worn a non-maternity jumper, this time from Primarni. Otherwise known as Primark :-) and I'm really loving it. I bought it in a size 12 (I'm an 8-10 pre-pregnancy) and it fits like a dream - it covers my bump nicely and the sleeves aren't too long. Can you tell I like check? Ha ha.

But back to the leggings ;-)
These are great because being black, they go with almost everything. But the Wet Look spruces them up a bit and again makes me feel like I'm still worthy of nice clothes :-)

On New Look's website they describe these as Leather Look but personally I would say they're Wet Look. They're not as thick or matte as some pre-pregnancy Leather Look trousers I own, so don't expect something leathery if that's what you're hoping for with these, but I still love them.

I can already tell I'm going to get loads of use out of them, and although they're not AS comfy as the check trousers they're still really comfortable as well as being tight and flattering :-)

So if you're after some maternity trousers that are less run-of-the-mill than your average ones but still comfortable and wearable, I would highly recommend these two! And I'm going to try and resist the urge to buy any more and just wear these, along with my maternity jeans, until bubba arrives. But I'll let you know how that works out for me ha ha. I seem to have a bit of a spending addiction!

See you soon!!
xx

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment